A hand drill crew consists of one loader, one driller and 3 drill helpers. A crew typically drills a series of 3 meter holes. A 5 seat UTV is used for transportation to and from the different locations in a seismic program.
- Seismic Drilling (3 meter deep)
- Muskeg Probing (10 meter deep)
Uses for the Hand Drill Crew
- Narrow lines (0.5 meters)
- Hilly Terrain/River Ravines
- Riparian areas
- Soft Ground Conditions/Muskeg
- Heli portable
- Environmental sensitive areas
The hand auger has a 7 hp one cylinder gas engine that powers the belt driven gearbox.
The UTV can only operate in low gear and it has seat belts for all 5 passengers. It also has a 3500 pound winch mounted.
Our Pickup trucks have 4×4 and ROP’s. The trailer has a storage box mounted for all of the equipment and it also transports the UTV.
Hand Drill Crew specification
- Kawasaki Mule 4010 with diesel engine
- First aid kit, fire extinguisher, spill kit
- Two field radios
- 3 hand augers
- 3×4 feet auger pipe, 10x 5 feet auger pipe
- Tool kits and spare parts
- Heli cages with two magazines for heli portable programs