A hand drill crew consists of one loader, one driller and 3 drill helpers. A crew typically drills a series of 3 meter holes. A 5 seat UTV is used for transportation to and from the different locations in a seismic program.
- Seismic Drilling (3 meter deep)
- Muskeg Probing (10 meter deep)
Uses for the Hand Drill Crew
- Narrow lines (0.5 meters)
- Hilly Terrain/River Ravines
- Riparian areas
- Soft Ground Conditions/Muskeg
- Heli portable
- Environmental sensitive areas
The hand auger has a 7 hp one cylinder gas engine that powers the belt driven gearbox.
The UTV can only operate in low gear and it has seat belts for all 5 passengers. It also has a 3500 pound winch mounted.
Our Pickup trucks have 4×4 and ROP’s. The trailer has a storage box mounted for all of the equipment and it also transports the UTV.
Hand Drill Crew specification
- Kawasaki Mule 4010 with diesel engine
- First aid kit, fire extinguisher, spill kit
- Two field radios
- 3 hand augers
- 3×4 feet auger pipe, 10x 5 feet auger pipe
- Tool kits and spare parts
- Heli cages with two magazines for heli portable programs
Hi Lora! Thank you so much for writing your comment. As a result of your comment, we have done a better job at describing the procedure so that it does not create confusion. The photo you are referring to is pouring water to lubricate the hole. We have since added captions, and appreciate you taking the time to comment so that we could make this improvement.